PENNEAST PIPELINE OPEN HOUSE
Monday, November 10, 2014 5:30PM-7:30PM
Coughlin High School
80 North Washington Street, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18701
For more information contact Gas Drilling Awareness Coalition:
12 communities along the PennEast have passed a resolution opposing the PennEast pipeline. What about your community?
Even if you are not seeing any pipeline proposals for your area today, you should be educating themselves about pipelines and midstream facilities, because PIPELINES ARE COMING fast and furious. Go to the Pipeline Safety Coalition: http://www.pscoalition.org/
10 tips to know if a pipeline company comes knocking at the your door: http://www.farmanddairy.com/news/10-tips-know-pipeline-company-comes-knocking-door/222895.html
DID YOU KNOW?
- Easement payments are considered taxable by the IRS
- Easement payments are often surrendered to your mortgage company to satisfy their lien
- Granting an easement may affect your existing mortgage or the ability to refinance your mortgage
- Granting an easement may affect your insurance policy availability and rates
- Once an easement is established on your land, it is easy for the pipeline company to expand the size of existing pipelines and/or add new pipelines
- Granting an easement may affect your property value, the ability to develop your property, and the marketability of your property. The value of the portion of your property where the pipeline easement is located decreases by 50%.
- You continue to pay all taxes and insurance on the easement
NATURAL GAS INDUSTRIALIZATION IS COMING TO LUZERNE COUNTY!
More pipelines, more midstream facilities, more risks and hazards.
Pipeline corporations pay NO FEES or TAXES to local communities. Pipeline corporations are increasingly reorganizing as Master Liability Partnerships (MLP). Because MLPs are classified as partnerships, they avoid corporate income tax at both state and federal levels. Additionally, limited partners may also record a pro-rated share of the MLP's depreciation on their own tax forms to reduce liability. This is the primary benefit of MLPs and gives MLPs relatively cheap funding.
The proposed pipelines are TRANSMISSION LINES; this means there are NO new service hook-ups for homes and businesses in Luzerne County. In fact the natural gas is headed for EXPORT facilities according to the Williams Partners 2014 1st quarter report, CEO Alan Armstrong:
"We're excited about the accelerating pace of expansion projects at Transco, including Atlantic Sunrise, Dalton Lateral and our newly announced Gulf Trace project. The Atlantic Sunrise and Gulf Trace projects will serve as important infrastructure for future LNG export facilities at Cove Point and Sabine Pass."